So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
JohnBGood
Regular MemberPosts: 347Gear list
Like?
Re: So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?
In reply to Randell Tober, Mar 13, 2013

I have large hands, and I've used my OMD with and without the Oly grip, while not perfect it's ergonomics are working for me, the camera being roughly the same size as my (very) old (real) SLR.

This being said, as I don't wear it around my neck (I use the Oly strap as wrist strap) I mostly use WITH the grip when I know I'll be using it for several hours, as it is more comfortable for the hand on long sessions. But otherwise for casual shooting works well without it.

Another pro for the grip is when working in cold and/or wet weather it offers a more secure grip.

I also chose the OMD because of the IBIS, I'm still amazed at the long exposure I can get away with, really useful in those occasions when you don't have your tripod with you.

-- hide signature --

A mind is like a parachute, it works better when open.

JohnBGood's gear list:JohnBGood's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow