Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rutgerbus
Contributing MemberPosts: 778Gear list
Like?
D700 (high??)ISO banding
Mar 13, 2013

I was out shooting the Orion nebular 1.44 lightyears away.

I used the D700 + 300mm AF-s f/4 and shot at ISO 800-1600-3200 and 6400.

Then I observed in the final image after stacking that there was some strange banding going on in the image.

First thought it could be some contrail or airplain flying through one of the shots. The chekced the single frames and seems that there is some banding occuring in the higher (3200-6400) ISO-range.

You can see it in the picture below, just running horizontally through the top of the nebula. When adjusting the collor in lightroom to more greenish, you can even see it better.

Can someone please tell me if this is normal???? Otherwise I bring my camera in to see if they can repare it....it should be still under warantee because I bought it brand new in September 2012.

-
www.rutgerbus.nl
Photographic Moments

Rutgerbus's gear list:Rutgerbus's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +1 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow