How to join the Sony family in a proper way!

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ibis2k13
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
How to join the Sony family in a proper way!
Mar 13, 2013

Greetings everyone xD

I've used to be a p&s guy for years until I realised that my pictures looked kinda meh, so about 1 year ago I decided to step up a bit and invested some money in a Nex c3.

I've enjoyed it quite a lot, so I thought to go even deeper and invest some money in a real dslr, and use the C3 as a p&s on steroids that I can always bring with me.

I'm definitely into landscapes, you can have a look at my extremely amateurish gallery here http://500px.com/Ibis-2k12 to get an idea of what I like.

With that in mind, what kind of setup would you suggest to have a nice improvement coming from a Nex c3 with standard lens kit?

I reckon the budget limit would be around the A77, but is that much really needed or is there some good alternative? I'd prefer the A57-58-65 price range (but I've found a lot of posts complaining about the A58 for not being a major improvement over the A57)

Since I have 0 experience when it comes to dslr I'd also appreciate a camera that is user friendly and allows for a nice learning curve.

Basically every camera store around here is trying to push me for a Nikon D5200, but after such a nice experience with the Nex C3 I'd prefer to stick with Sony.

Any suggestion will be hugely appreciated ^___^

ps: suggestions regarding my pics would be hugely appreciated as well!

Nikon D5200 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow