Monitors viewing comfort : CCFL backlighting versus LED backlighting ?

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
NewsyL
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,530
Like?
Re:If that's settling I envy you.
In reply to alpshiker, Mar 13, 2013

alpshiker wrote:

probert500 wrote:

Wow that's some settling - the NEC is one of the finest monitors made - simply superb. If you get the spectraview software and a good calibrator you probably won't see a delta e above 1 - and usually much less.

I'm using one now and I want to lick the screen it's so damned pretty.

That's nice comment, thanks Peter.

Do you have the PA or the Spectraview version of this monitor? As I mentioned above, TFT Central states in the NEC MultiSync PA271W review that the entry level PA is limited by firmware to video card profiling, while the more expensive Spectraview 271 and Reference 271 can be hardware calibrated internally.

My dealer has now the Spectraview 271 and Reference 271 tagged as "new products". Since those two were originally released in 2010 I believe, have there been significant changes in the technology?

However, comparing specs between the 3 versions shows absolutely no difference. They differ probably in that the more expensive models are built from select panels, are factory calibrated and have firmware for hardware calibration.

Do the units that the dealer has tagged as  "new" have a CCFL back light or a LED back light?

I ask because I believe LG Display is no longer making the IPS panel that the original rev01 PA271w came out with.  I'm expecting NEC to upgrade this monitor with the latest LG IPS panel and perhaps that would also include a back light upgrade much like we're seen with Dell upgrading from the U2711 to the U2713H.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow