So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Questions thread
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,652Gear list
Like?
Re: So... I finally come to a decision to go with the OM-D... Is there any big hand users out there?
In reply to Randell Tober, Mar 13, 2013

I have small hands for a guy, but since no one is answering your question, I will offer some info. Even for my small hand, I found the E-M5 too small, its tiny grip? or crease too small, and its controls too small to use comfortably. The optional grip from Olympus improves the handling, and functionality, a lot, but not the use of the tiny buttons and dials, and you have to screw around a lot to change batteries (removing the grip first) with the grip. It is also expensive.

There is also this much cheaper and simpler grip, which allows change of batteries while it is still attached

http://www.jbcameradesigns.com/products/olympus-om-d-e-m5-grip-base

It is true, that the E-M5 is just a little too small if you are concerned about ergonomics. There is no better way than to try it for yourself. If you can't, then check what others have said on this forum.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow