Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anthonyhnj
Regular MemberPosts: 247
Like?
Need some advise
Mar 13, 2013

Hi, I mostly shoot landscapes, macros, and some street.  recently i started getting into shooting portraits in a makeshift home studio.   I have question regarding speedlites/monolights.  Here is what i currently bought over the past week, some will go back when i decide what setup works best.

I purchased a canon 600ex-rt with the canon st-e3-rt this works very well but quite expensive and I don't really see the need for this unless i purchase another 600ex-rt. total cost for this 2 speedlite setup would be 1420.00

I also picked up 4 yn266c's rt and a canon 430ex ii, i would have to buy a second 430ex ii bringig the total cost for this setup to about 720.00

i can buy the yn560's for about 75.00 each and keep the yn266c's for a total cost about 350.00. All would have to be set in manual which um ok with.

What setup would you choose and why.

Is the 600 setup worh the money i could use ettl this way, but do you want to use ettl for this anyway.

anthony

-- hide signature --

Somewhere, Someday, I'll get it right
http://www.onedumbphoto.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow