So few lenses for full frame? Am I the only one?

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
probert500
Contributing MemberPosts: 953Gear list
Like?
Re: So few lenses for full frame? Am I the only one?
In reply to billorg, Mar 13, 2013

billorg wrote:

They are certainly lacking ultra-wides, I ended up with the Sigma after sending back 2 Canon 14mm, but so few choices in general. Every lens that has a zoom range I'd like ends up being for APS-C only. I assume they will need to wake up soon because the 6D is probably a game-changer for Canon and more people will be buying glass. Bill

I understand what you're saying.  The canon 10-22 for aps is such a good lens - a full frame replacement is hard to find.

I work mostly on a tripod so manual focus works for me - 2 lenses I use are the tokina 17mm rmc - when stopped down to f8 or 11 it's very good but also prone to flare - you have to be careful.  Any distortion can be corected in ptgui.  For around $150.00 on ebay it's worth checking out.  Small and beautifully built.  I got an olympus version and use an adaptor.

Recently I got the samyang 14mm - it seems to be very good - I've only used it a few times but I have high hopes.  14 is a bit wide for me but if the flare issue is minimal it might be worth it.  Once again ptgui cleans up distortion.

Hope this helps.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow