RapidWeaver 5 -- thoughts? Alternatives?

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
probert500
Senior MemberPosts: 1,181Gear list
Like?
Re: RapidWeaver 5 -some suggestions
In reply to Hen3ry, Mar 13, 2013

I use rapid weaver and it does the job - you'd need to get the stax plugin from yourhead and maybe the blocks and collage.  It's also helpful to get RWTthememiner and a css editor if you want to mess around.  I'm playing with themeflood which seems a clean flexible theme that is responsive - ie: it can be used easily with portable devices.

Also helpful is firebug for testing changes via a browser without making real edits.

I wouldn't pay full price and it's currently available here as part of a bundle:  pickabundle.com

That said- there are sites that host artwork and photographs that seem very good - smugmug comes to mind and a couple recommended are indexexhibit.org and cargocollective.  There's more out there - the nice thing is that they're set up to roll and people looking for photography might gravitate there.

it doesn't have to be either/or - make your site the way you want and post at the other places as well.

Good luck.

probert500's gear list:probert500's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow