ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
captkope
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Functionality of LM-1 flash in combination with FL-300R
Mar 13, 2013

Hi,

I just purchased an E-PM1 with the LM-1 clip-on flash. I consider buying the FL-300R as an additional flash to be used via Olympus wireless flash protocol.

I am reading conflicting information about whether or not the LM-1 unit can still function as fill flash when used as control flash for the FL-300R:

• In this youtube review of another Olympus flash unit the guy says that yes you can switch the on-camera flash (in his case the LM-2) on or off as you please, and that it basically functions as a "fourth group" in addition to controlling the wireless slaves.
  • But in this flickr discussion, user "chrfrad" writes that "if you have RC 'on' the built in flash cannot be use as main flash, it works only as trigger."

So which of the two is true?

I would be extremely grateful if somebody could help me out.

While I am at it: can somebody confirm that the FL-300R (currently $90 after mail-in rebate) is the cheapest flash unit that supports the Olympus wireless flash protocol? I am on a tight budget.

Thank you very much.

Capitan Kope

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow