How to adapt a nikon f-mount Zeiss 100mm mikro planar non-cpu to a sony nex-7

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lightshow
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525Gear list
Like?
Re: How to adapt a nikon f-mount Zeiss 100mm mikro planar non-cpu to a sony nex-7
In reply to chupa37, Mar 13, 2013

chupa37 wrote:

This lens is non-cpu lens. Is there a way to do this and still be able to get metering through camera along with being able to see what F-stop your in via the camera?

not till there are smart adapters that can comunicate with the body and read the settings of manual lenses, some day it will happen I assume.

On my old nikon d300s one could go to a setting for non-cpu lenses and input the focal length and widest aperture and be able to tell what f-stop you were in and retain metering without having to look at the lens aperture ring.

While that is a great feature, it doesn't make it much harder to use, I typically don't care what the aperture value is but I  do care what the DOF looks like and increase or decrease the aperture as needed to get the look I want then I check I have enough shutter speed, take the shot and then look at the aperture to see what I shot at.

Lightshow's gear list:Lightshow's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow