Explain this to me about Lightroom 4...

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Questions thread
Michael J Davis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,427Gear list
Like?
Re: May I add a question - re: LR4 & PSE?
In reply to JulesJ, Mar 12, 2013

JulesJ wrote:

Michael J Davis wrote:

I started with LR4 two months ago and am getting the hang of it.

Sometimes I export to PS Elements 10 to do some added work on a fle and then save the result. All the tutorials I've read suggest that the saved image is available in LR, but I can't see it.

I've been exporting it to an external folder and then re-importing it to LR. Tedious and LR sometimes gets confused with this external folder.

Can anyone help, please? Thanks!

LR is great at general adjustments. What it is not good at is doing spotting, retouching of small details, or cloning etc. PS (or Elements) is much better at that. But for adjusting lots of images quickly and non destructively it is brilliant as well as general organisation where Bridge is still pretty hopeless.

Yes, Jules, I've discovered that. It's the integration between the two that I was querying, and which Richard has answered do well!

Mike

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow