Started Mar 12, 2013 | Questions thread
nuggy
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?
Re: opinion please
In reply to nfpotter, Mar 12, 2013

nfpotter wrote:

nuggy wrote:

While the attached photo is not anywhere near the photography posted in this forum, I would like some opinions/suggestions on how to improve. I took this picture with my D7000 with a 18-135 kit lens (non VR), ISO 200, f/8, AF-C 9 point, auto WB, manual, shutter speed I think around 800, and continous slow firing of shutter. Besides the obvious of faster shutter firing and maybe auto focus of 3-D or something...I was pleased that I even got a shot of the thing without getting my head blown off! I was not there to take high speed bird pictures so the settings were more for dogs & hunters. Thanks! Please don't pixel peep and tell me it's not sharp - I know that. It's more the technical aspect I am asking about. How much would a VR lens help in this scenario?

VR wouldn't have helped at all. You had PLENTY fast SS to stop any hand/camera motion.

Your settings look fine to me.

Is this a fairly major crop?

yes it is a fairly major crop - which doesn't help I am sure.  Thanks for taking the time for the constructive comments.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow