ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ch382
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
Little annoyance in D800 (Black screen + loading icon) after pressing Play
Mar 12, 2013

Hi guys,

First and foremost, I have to say I'm absolutely in LOVE with my D800- It's just simply amazing; moreover, I wouldn't for a second consider letting it go!

However, tonight during a fashion portrait shoot- In between shots, I would click on 'Play' to view the last few shots and I would get a black screen with the loading icon (Like this: http://rlv.zcache.com/black_sand_timer_card-p137607373386011985bh2r3_400.jpg ) in Nikon-yellow (the default loading screen). I'm used to seeing this obviously, but usually it goes away after a split second and you get to see your pix.

However, It would do nothing and just stay stuck on that screen- and the only way I have found to get rid of it was to half-press the shutter- and for some reason, after doing that- I can click 'Play' again and bang- all my images there, fine. Was a lil embarrassing having to explain what was going on- cos I honestly didn't know?!

I just wanted to ask whether anyone else had experienced this or whether it was secluded to my unit- which Is what I would tend to think could be happening. If it happened just once, I'd say fine- it was nothing, but I ran into this situation on at least four separate occasions during the shoot...

Just want it to not happen, as you can imagine.

I'm running Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB SDXC and backing up to 32GB CF Sandisk Extreme Pro too.. So I'm tending to think it can't possibly be the memory, right? : /

Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Charlie.

ch382's gear list:ch382's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow