Editing Software?

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
RaqueBalboa
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Re: Editing Software?
In reply to John Deerfield, Mar 12, 2013

John Deerfield wrote:

Aperture no longer offers a free trial. I am not so sure I agree with that decision, but I can say that it takes longer than 30-days to evaluate either Aperture or Lightroom. So that may have played a part in the decision. I can't stress enough to get a book or join something like Lynda.com to get the most out of your choice. There is so much more to these apps than what you see on the surface. Finally, let me just reiterate, for the reasons I already mentioned, that Aperture is more productive than Lightroom. And I have both LR4 and Aperture v3.

I just noticed that Aperture no longer offers the free trial I've also read from certain forums the hesitancy from certain consumers in choosing Aperture over LR4 due to the way Apple is now conducting their business since Jobs passed. It is being said that there may be an Aperture X that will no longer sync per se to the past editions. Again, this is only what I've read and have no conclusive proof thereof.

I do like Aperture however because it does seem to be more productive and it fits into my apple ecosystem that I have going on. However, LR4 seems to be a little ahead in editing capabilities with the lens correction editing.

I will see if I can pick up a book or look on Lynda.com to seek a better explanation of the 2 programs to see which one may fit my liking more.

RaqueBalboa's gear list:RaqueBalboa's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Nikon D3200 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow