Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vcelkamaja
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Epson R3000 with non-OEM inks and papers - icc profiling for colour and B&W
Mar 12, 2013

Hello, I'm a new owner of Epson R3000 printer and I'm starting to explore it. I have already ordered ConeColor inks and refillable carts to work with. I plan using different papers (matte, glossy, fiber etc.) and I plan to create my own icc profiles using Xrite DTP20 (Pulse) spectro.

I think the way to work with color (RGB) profiles and printing using them from e.g. Lightroom is pretty straightforward. Just disable all "printer manages colors", use non color management and use custom made icc profile.

Whare I'm struggling a bit is B&W printing. It seems that using OEM inks and paper Epson ABW is superior to RGB mode. So some questions:

1.  If I use non-OEM inks and papers is it still a good idea to print via ABW mode?

2. Should I use my custom made icc profile while using ABW mode

3. Is it better to use RGB or ABW mode while using non-OEM inks + papers and custom made icc profile?

4. Do I need to create a special icc profile for ABW mode or is it ok to use standard RGB icc profile created with Xrite Pulse?

I know it is a lot of question but I'm trying to find the best way how to print high quality B&W prints using non-OEM inks and papers.

Thanks

Petr

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow