A question about a new E-XXX and E-X

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ivo Verhaar
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list
Like?
Re: ERgonomics and Handling
In reply to declan79, Mar 12, 2013

Since i own an E-3 and no grip, it realy does not matter, the main thing for me is having a much better camera with possibly a more compact, lighter body, without loosing the weather sealing.

I have learned to appreciate EVF even if my E-3's OVF is glorious, it does not give a usable fast enlarged view, which i would prefer, the same applies to having a camera which is very very quiet. That shutter/mirror racket sounds noisy in some circumstances.

Ergonomic wise i would prefer as much on the outside without diving in menus as possible, Compact wise the oll Olympus E330 is a nice low profile camera, add a tilting evf and it is a gemm, but a omd with a grip is also very usable, would prefer a flash onboard though.

Again and again, form follows function, if it is wrapped in classic clad, i will not mind, but the design alone will definitely not make me buy it it is the inside which makes me want to pay top dollar.

If it is not there, i stick with my E-3 or if oly makes some HG/SHG zooms for m43 I might go for that route.

i am not a pro just someone who enjoys making some photos.  which by the way though we tend to forget is 99,99% of the people buying pro stuff, ok maybe 99,99% of Oly and 99,97% of Canikon.  I simply do not care if my camera is Pro or not, i bought it because it was a Tough DSLR with Oly colors. And i know having "pro" gear does not make me one either.

Just think about all those beautifull ferraris out there does not mean you are F1 driver.

But you can admire a nice piece of gear and enjoy it within your limits.

Lets hope of a superb piece or two of gear from oly making us 99,99% all happy to use our 43 lenses for a long long time.

-- hide signature --

Olympus: E-3, 12-60SWD, EX25,EC20, FL50R, 50-200SWD http://www.flickr.com/photos/iverhaar

Ivo Verhaar's gear list:Ivo Verhaar's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Olympus Stylus 720 SW Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow