Why do I post here? Locked

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
yvind Strm
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,129
Re: A Few Quotes....
In reply to Lin Evans, Mar 12, 2013

Lin, I do agree that many of this statements are way over the line, and as such I do not defend them. But you can't take them out of context like that. Where are the insults that led to those comments? Maybe not directly, but through repeated attacks.

RonJs comments were not like that in the beginning. Neither was any other posters that came here first time.

Often a poster comes here, and may have an unfortunate wording. And this is where it goes wrong - if there is any chance that it is a troll, he is jumped at. Especially if he has a low post count. RonJ is not the first this has happened for.

I think the first thread RonJ started is worth taking a look at. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50529614

I find it rather typical of what happens when someone comes to the forum with a statement or question, that may or may not be a troll post.

Luckily, in that thread, it is a majority of helpful people, that don’t jump at him. But several does, with support from others.

This is the general rule – the new posters are attacked first, and not only by one. In some instances, the OP has managed to remain calm, but often the attacks results in a angered person, which responds in kind. And then the spiral starts. And in the end "proves" that he was just another "troll". I would say "created" by the attackers. Almost always. Sadly, this seems like standard procedure.

In that specific thread, 9 persons attacked (or voiced support for the attackers). If those 9 had managed to shut up, and let the 14 people that DID try to help (or acknowledge the helping attempt) do their thing, the thread would be an educational one to read for newcomers, and RonJs impression, and subsequent reactions would been different.

To make the picture somewhat more complete, 2 of the 9 later appologized for the initial assumption of him being a troll.

I must also stress that in that particular thread, you (Lin) did try to help, and so did DaSigmaGuy, D Cox, Gary Mercer, SigmaChrome, Dan Daniel, Johan Borg, Atom14, Idiliic, Mike earussi, Ceistinne, Laurence Matson ( a very, very good answer), dMillier, mroy, Charles2 and Gunther Borgermeister. (Hope I didn't leave out any helpful contributor)

Those posters (including yours) is excellent examples of how we SHOULD respond to anyone, regardless of how they phrase their claims or questions.

Lin Evans wrote:

From one of the people you are ostensibly defending:

Been there. Done that. Got nothing but "It's something you/re doing" or some patronizing nonsense which I dismissed immediately.\

don't. I defend myself against lies and attack.

Difficult to talk up to most of these people.

admit to having something of a short fuse when it comes to responding to people who attack, are dishonest or who are technically incompetent.

When they lie, I'll call them on it.

Hahahahahahahah. Check the girl's face.

Hahahahahahaha.

infantile nonsense noted.

Given your quite advanced years, you should have grown out of this type of behaviour many decades ago.

You have no idea, do you. Driven by your hatred and nastiness is your lot.

The rule is, silly old man, there is NO debate. There is honest comment and there is yours. Get it?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

You posted an image I commented on it You cracked up and acted like a quean(sic)
Your pack dogs backed you up - none of whom dared suggest the image was technically bad
You then suggest there could be some faults with the image because of blah blah blah
NOW, Mister - Just who has the problem with comprehension. Infantile

Leave the clever stuff to those who are better able to handle it.

My opening comment ONLY dealt with the image, ergo, you either cannot understand the written word or you are a liar. I'm beginning to think both apply.

I don't like liars, Stone. There are many who post here who do nothing BUT lie. You are one of the best of them. But one should expect that from one of your profession. I employ two of your type, Stone, so I am familiar with your tactics.

Follow that up with more of your hatered, lies and filth, Stone. I fully expect it.

I'm sure the mods. will break this up sooner or later

No they won't. I've asked them to do so, but when it's me under attack, everything is OK with them. I'm a tad sick of the religious/ethnic overtones in some of the attack I face.

To survive you must suck up to the SigMafia members, you must fall about the place praising EVERY photograph they post, you must NEVER be critical of anything Sigma/Foveon, you must pay allegiance to the Godfather, aka Gelner and his Lieutenant "The Butcher, aka Fleischman.

This is NOT a forum which welcomes open and honest debate nor is it a forum which welcomes any but total Sigma/Foveon zealots.

Yep. With the insults, attack, hatred and filth introduced by Evans, Reolofs and Stone. I, unfortunately get to carry the blame for this thread's degeneration. These people can never take responsibility for their own actions.

Do you really think I care a fig about what these people think of me? Talk about the lunatics running the asylum.

His work leaves your efforts for dead.
Deal with it.

I trash people who are bullies and are dishonest.
Deal with it.

I have put Matson on the ignore list. He's just too, too nasty and full of himself to have any credibility.

You are obviously blind - either that or you simply cannot see. Or do not want to see.
I've long held you to be a dishonest person. You prove it each and every time you post diatribes such as the above. Now - back under your stone, Stone.

A good review, ruined by Gelner's constant whining and distortions.

If you go the other way, and uprez the sigma image to D800 size, the Sigma image falls to bits, making Sigma's claim of this 30mp equivalence a nonsense.

More empty words from the king of hatred and rhetoric, actually.

You've missed the point I made. I'm not going to take this to your level.
Question - Are you on the Sigma payroll?

Heaping praise on some very mediocre snapshots, which as BW have not even been properly processed? Well done.

You're rapt by these images? Seriously? And you wonder why I refuse to post sample photos.

None of that explains why the Sigma images are so small when compared to the D800 images. Nor does it explain why the Sigma images are processed at 180 dpi.
Is there a way to get the images to 300 dpi?

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Øyvind

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
wow.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow