Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leon Obers
Senior MemberPosts: 2,788
Like?
Photoshop CS6 - clipping dark areas
Mar 12, 2013

I have just build a new PC, including Windows 8 and installed Photoshop CS6 - 64-bit

When loading images, I get a sort of clipping warning for the regions that do contain a value of 0 at least in one of the RGB channels. E.g. a blue area RGB = 0, 4, 93 the area as a "warning" is totally black. Just picking up the the outlined box of an image by mouse and dragging just a tiny distance, the black "clipping" disappears and image is seen normal, as long as I have pushed the mouse button. As soon if I release the mouse-button, I do get the clipped black color again.

If I do change levels just by one digit (RGB = 1, 4, 93), the clipping black area is corrected and image is seen normal.

I have searched for a setting that I could disable this warning, but I didn't find. Also nothing about it found at online help. For the sake of not mis-understanding, it is not the "Gamut Warning" function (Shift + Control +Y).

Is this a function of CS6, or is it a bug / error by graphic driver issues?
(Update of CS6 to version 13.01 + use of the latest AMD graphic drivers ---> Catalyst 13.1)
Do you have similar experience, or did I overlooked something?
Please some advice.

-- hide signature --

Leon Obers

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow