IQ of 7d w 15-85mm Vs 6d w 24-105mm?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,660Gear list
Like?
Re: What about The Digital Picture.com tests?
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 12, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

technic wrote:

usedtobedontrustme wrote:

Their tests confirm to me that the 24-104 on a FF is substantially better than the 15-85 on a crop.

people believe what they want to believe. I don't shoot testcharts indoors all day, but some people do apparently ...

Testcharts simply reduces possible test procedure errors. People who have beef with them are the ones believe what they want to believe.

6D + 24-105 ought to perform substantially better than 7D + 15-85, it is a mathematically certainty.

again, believe what you want to believe. This type of test images are only a weak indication of actual image quality, they don't mirror real shots (with subjects at much larger distance, higher contrast/different lighting etc.). Real life images show that you are wrong, at least regarding corner performance (I'm not interested in slightly better center performance if the corners are blurred, but YMMV).

P.S.: I'm a scientist, I have my own thoughts about 'mathematical certainties'

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SFRNew
TrueNew
DogsNew
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow