Bag for OM-D and 5 Primes?

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lucas McDonald
Regular MemberPosts: 165Gear list
Like?
Re: Bag for OM-D and 5 Primes?
In reply to Savas Kyprianides, Mar 12, 2013

I had a really hard time trying to find the right bag for my OM-D kit , the bag dividers where always too big/tall for the smaller lenses , I already have an F-Stop Kenti backpack and a Lowepro Pro Messenger 180AW plus a couple of other bags but they where all for a larger DSLR kit.

I then tried one of these http://www.lowepro.com/flipside-sport , I got the smaller 10lt pack and it is perfect , I added a couple of extra dividers and it now takes the Panny/ leica 25mm with hood , Oly 75mm , Oly 12-50 , Oly 60 macro , OMD with battery grip and there is room left for the Oly 12mm and Rokinon 7.5mm that I will be getting down the track.

It is an awesome little backpack for day travels and there is also a fantastic tripod holder section on one side plus a pocket on the other to hold a phone , keys etc or a water bladder :-), the whole kit is so small and light that at times I don't even realise I have a backpack on after awhile :-), I could'nt say that when i was lugging around a DSLR.;-)

Here is a quick crappy pic from my phone

The only downside is that you have to remove the backpack to or swing the pack around with the belt attached to access the pack , I will put up with that little inconvenience though to get all the other benefits 

Lucas McDonald's gear list:Lucas McDonald's gear list
Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow