ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nito443
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Ready to upgrade from a Digicam to DSLR or m43
Mar 12, 2013

Hi All,

I'm a digicam shooter and have been waiting for m43 to mature or lens selection to expand on DX before upgrading. If anyone can make suggestions on which DX body can meet a majority of my criteria, it would be much appreciated.

Something about myself: Currently, I have a Sony H2 and a Panasonic LX5; using both cameras interchangeably based on the situation. Coming from a Digicam, I like lite and compact systems and a reason I'm looking at APS DSLRs and m43.

DSLR advantages: Lots of support and friends that can lend me glass to shot with. SensorĀ development. Accessories.

DSLR disadvantages: Size, weight, fewer primes than m43 and only a few zoom. Live view and Live histograms.

Other: Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I was told that not all lenses will work with DX bodies and it has something to do with firmware. I've also read that all AF-S and G lenses will work with DX bodies, so I'm confused. I know about none AF-S lenses being in manual mode only, what I'm referring to is the firmware won't communicate with the lens.

What do I want: To keep my kit small, I want to use mostly primes (carry 1 telephoto zoom and a 1.7 TC) lenses. Also looking for the body with the best live view and live histogram available.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions - Nito

nito443's gear list:nito443's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow