IQ of 7d w 15-85mm Vs 6d w 24-105mm?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,425Gear list
Like?
Re: What about The Digital Picture.com tests?
In reply to qianp2k, Mar 12, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

dxo messes it up

yeah, if only t's not in your way. What they messed up? So DXO also messed up DR in Sony and Nikon cameras vs Canon cameras? It's fake that Nikon cameras have better DR?

photozone says -- you can't use their numbers to compare across formats

It just means a sensor-lens resolution only applies to that setup. The data they measured on 50D doesn't apply to 7D directly. So I did in your favorite by applying linear increase directly as in reality the resolution increase is less than linear pixel increase that DXOMark tests clearly show.

within the same format, move back and get the same fov - that is the way it is done in the same format with different lenses.

The same AOV (and I don't care which way actually they did as long as the same AOV) a) by using different focus lengths on different sensor crop format accordingly; b) by adjusting distance according; c) by both.

We'll never agree on this Peter, so I'll leave you go on your confused by charts way.

The cropped, lopped off sensor is not a lens.  It is not digital zoom as you said.   It is unfair to move the cropped sensor farther away in an format equivalency comparison because it is not an optic used to magnify a scene.  It is a lopped off sensor and deserves to be in the same geographical position and distance from the subject as the FF system.  Please don't handicap my crop system by making me move backwards.  The concept of equivalency is let me choose  nice lenses with the format I have from the same geographical position.

And this is not how DXO, TDP, Photozone, tested resolution.  But the real truth is -- this is how photographs are taken -- from the cliff -- no place to move, choose the lens from the same position.  Or in a pj shoot -- no time to move feet.

Resolution is fine for me anyway with 18 mpxl crop, I'm 19x13 and below most of the time and my occasional 20x30 look good.

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SFRNew
TrueNew
DogsNew
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow