This thread is locked.
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,170Gear list
Re: wow.
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Mar 12, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Gary Dean Mercer Clark wrote:

You can't judge another person until you've walked a mile in their shoes-

I have never understood this one. OK - its good to learn about a person before judging him. But, what has that to do with walking in his shoes?

You can try.... but the shoes will never fit!----2013 Gary Dean Mercer Clark

This I understand even less. Why should the shoes not fit? If they fit or not is only dependent on we having the same foot size.

But .... I think I agree in principle. Too many do too fast judgements of people. And in a forum where the actual communication is strongly crippled, you should avoid judging people until after a loooooooong time.

LOL--it is a play on the old American Indian proverb: You can't judge another until you walk a mile in his moccasins.    It means, that unless you've experienced what that person has experienced--that you can't make judgement on him.   My addition of no matter how you try--the shoe will never fit---is actually the correct quote I made originally. LOL.

"You can't judge another person until you've walked a mile in his shoes---No matter how hard you try--the shoes will NEVER fit"-- Gary Dean Mercer Clark

That is the corrected quote. LOL

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
wow.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow