This thread is locked.
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,251Gear list
Re: wow.
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Mar 12, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Gary Dean Mercer Clark wrote:

You can't judge another person until you've walked a mile in their shoes-

I have never understood this one. OK - its good to learn about a person before judging him. But, what has that to do with walking in his shoes?

You can try.... but the shoes will never fit!----2013 Gary Dean Mercer Clark

This I understand even less. Why should the shoes not fit? If they fit or not is only dependent on we having the same foot size.

But .... I think I agree in principle. Too many do too fast judgements of people. And in a forum where the actual communication is strongly crippled, you should avoid judging people until after a loooooooong time.

LOL--it is a play on the old American Indian proverb: You can't judge another until you walk a mile in his moccasins.    It means, that unless you've experienced what that person has experienced--that you can't make judgement on him.   My addition of no matter how you try--the shoe will never fit---is actually the correct quote I made originally. LOL.

"You can't judge another person until you've walked a mile in his shoes---No matter how hard you try--the shoes will NEVER fit"-- Gary Dean Mercer Clark

That is the corrected quote. LOL

Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list:Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
wow.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow