Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
alatchin
Contributing MemberPosts: 772Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly Chameleon anybody?
In reply to RobbGee, Mar 12, 2013

RobbGee wrote:

Hi All

To be honest I think my E-420 is rather handsome, but lets think outside the box....

Just looked it up, it is a good looking camera with the 25mm on it for sure... But it is still one of the black plastic pack

alatchin wrote:

How may of you E-X owners would mind of Olympus redesigned the E-X to the point you needed a new grip and batteries?

Too boring!

How many of you think a DSLR to sit in the E-XXX size with a more "stylized" look would sell. Lets assume it is about $800 and harks back to the heyday of DSLRs with some metal, leather etc.

How about funky.......take the design of the Pentax K-30 one step further....replaceable coloured panels....to match your mood!

Now this is good thinking... didnt pentax do something recently where you can choose your colour?

Yes the new Oly Chameleon.

If they were to make it really connective, where it will send files to your phone etc, and had this funky appeal it may attract a different demographic. My retro feel was Olympus potentially considering their technology in the OMD, ported to a small (only slightly bigger) DSLR with the appeal of the OMD for a crowd of photographers who actually used an Olympus SLR.

Abraham

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

Best

RobbGee

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

alatchin's gear list:alatchin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow