Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
steve88
Contributing MemberPosts: 890Gear list
Like?
Re: Please Help Me Tweak My 7D to Improve Image Quality
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 12, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

steve88 wrote:

Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong here. Maybe it's the horrible light, maybe the aperture is too wide, maybe it's motion blur...it just seems very odd to me, however, that it's so soft.

It is none of these tings. focus plane is plainly behind the object. AF failed. nice and simple.

So, did it fail on just this one particular shot or do you think there is something fundamentally wrong with the AF on my 7D?  Again, just to be clear to anyone reading, I'm not saying "my 7D is soft", I'm just merely asking so I can learn what's causing the problem.  I'm not expecting the 7D (or even a 1D) to nail the focus on every single occasion...it can certainly miss and we have all experienced that.  I'm just trying to find out if there's something fundamentally wrong with my camera.  Perhaps that is something only a technician at Canon can answer?

steve88's gear list:steve88's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow