Why do I post here? Locked

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
richard stone
Senior MemberPosts: 1,621
Re: About fanboys
In reply to yvind Strm, Mar 11, 2013

Monstrously overwrought drivel: Childish and naive, to be only slightly redundant. Ron is not a well person, which is easily seen in his posts, if you read them, which clearly you did not, as I would expect, as you were too busy composing your lecture, focused on your own ideas, not on the world around you, so you did not do actually do much observation.

However, what is highly amusing here is the idea that trolls have friends, and finding out who they are. The friends of trolls are of course the contrarians, people who take the other side of an argument "because someone should..." and to play at being "devil's advocate," as if that was not one of the dumbest and most annoying idea ever conceived. (Unless you wish to delude yourself by thinking this is some sort of pedagogical tool, and your are the parent or teacher lecturing to us children...) How charming.

Now, you might ask how I can say that Ron is not well and yet call him a troll, as if we should forgive him because he can't help it? Clearly "trolls" have all sorts of motivation for posting as they do, and if you had read Ron's posts you would have seen that he enjoyed annoying people and proposed to post on the Sigma forum until he was banned.

Ron knew exactly what he was doing, although we could propose that he did not know why. He liked taking on and disputing the accepted opinion and of course, when he posts in the Sigma forum who is he going to find there? People who own and use the Sigma cameras. And probably (generally) like them. So he wants to play at being the curmudgeon. Read what he posted.

To accept his opening paragraphs in his most recent post as sincere is naive. And self-righteous. The perfect word. (Or is it two?)

The trolls enjoy stirring things up, and by that they gain a certain satisfaction. Now, I do not propose to understand that feeling, because it is so utterly foreign to me, but I think that feeling is to some not-very-healthy extent shared by the contrarians, who frequently do not own or generally use the Sigma cameras. But again, arguing for the sake of arguing, which we so often see, is the essence of being a contrarian.

Don't you see that Ron was posting to enjoy himself? And his enjoyment was based on interacting with others in his own odd and mean-spirited way?

I proposed not interacting with Ron directly because it only seemed to wind him up.

And could I say that the idea of a "fanboy" is EXACTLY what Ron was all about, in the sense that Ron was talented at insults, and now you respond with your over-the top post and entitle it with an insult. As if even enjoying the equipment somehow makes you less likely of having a valuable opinion. But of course, how foolish is that when you put such a mindless title ("fanboy"???) post on a brand based gear forum?

Richard

Ps: Ron is an entertaining writer, with remarkable energy and hostility, although sad to say he cannot seem to coax any images from his Sigma cameras.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
wow.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow