Like?
Re: X100S - Full Wedding
In reply to BrianKraft, Mar 11, 2013

BrianKraft wrote:

TThorne wrote:

BrianKraft wrote:

I did it yesterday. Photographed a full wedding with just the X100S--

http://www.briankraft.com/Blog/fuji-x100s-wedding-photography-colorado/

Setting aside your lovely compositions, I would like to ask you about your pp work. Your images are so soft and warm. They feel like a favorite sweater to me. I know that isn't for everyone, but I have seen other stuff you posted prior here and am really a fan. I understand if you don't want to post anything too in depth, but if you could maybe PM me?

I love your work, and this particular shoot was a joy to view.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

"Favorite sweater"... that sounds nice.

I use LR and I don't really have a clear answer for you. You know, it's just a personal style that is evolved over time and will continue to evolve. I can't say "do this" and "do that." It's a combination of sliders this way and that way that all have an influence on each other and every photo (generally) require just a touch more of this or that, depending on the lighting, colors, composition, etc.

It looks to me that a good deal of "vintage style" desaturation and color tweaking with curves is a good part of it. There's hardly any contrast in the shadows, which become grey. Taking a look at the histogram reveals a lot.

autoy's gear list:autoy's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow