How to put Nikon Lenses on Pentax cameras?

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Questions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: How to put Nikon Lenses on Pentax cameras?
In reply to Nikkor 60mm g, Mar 11, 2013

Nikkor 60mm g wrote:

I recently read some information regarding a Pentax camera and thought that the camera was better than most Nikons! However, as I have invested in Nikon lenses, I would only buy a Pentax camera if there was a way to attach Nikon lenses to a Pentax body without damaging the lenses. Does such a way exist? Do lens adapters greatly affect image quality?

Thanks!

First problem is flange distance , between mount and sensor. Nikon has the longest so Nikon lens on Pentax mount wont focus to infinity unless you use some adapter that has an optical adjusting element.

Doubt your image quality will be as good with such as with original Nikon body.

You would be putting one more element where it does not need to be.

And doubt the K5-IIs will be any better image wise than the D7100 which will also have no AA filter, if such was the direction you were going, if not well, above still stands. Nikon sensors are darn good.

You CAN use Nikon lenses on Sony NEX 7 with adapter without optical element though and it seems that it will focus fine .... 

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.” I am only a hoobyist, I cannot and do not give expert advice, dont expect it, just take it as a suggestion to think about, but only if you wish to. We should try to not wait for life to happen, while it passes us by.

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow