IQ of 7d w 15-85mm Vs 6d w 24-105mm?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 11,792Gear list
Like?
Re: What about The Digital Picture.com tests?
In reply to qianp2k, Mar 11, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

usedtobedontrustme wrote:

It seems like there is much debate here about the validity of DXO but no debate about The Digital Picture.com's online lens tests. Their tests confirm to me that the 24-104 on a FF is substantially better than the 15-85 on a crop.

Since someone mentioned Photozone, so let's check. I guess someone who "argue" most fiercely actually never checked no mention actually never own and experience any 5D series.

This is a 50D...not a 7D.  Nice try though.

Here are Photozone results between 24-105L+5D2 vs 15-85+50DD (you can give 7D a bit more resolution that usually less than proportionally due to diminishing return).

PHotozone 24-105L on 5D2 at 24mm

Photozone EF-S 15-85 on 50D at 15mm side

Soon you will hear someone claiming it's false to compare cross platforms, lol

To quote the test team at Photozone.de

"Please note that the tests results are not comparable across the different systems! This does also apply for the new EOS tests based on the EOS 50D because of differences in the sensor system (e.g. AA-filter) as well as different RAW-converters."

Now this has been pointed out to you by dozens of people.  Here it is again.  These tests CANNOT be used between formats.  CANNOT.

Just to be clear yet again Peter....CANNOT be used between formats.  So yes, it is false because the designers of the test have pointed it out.  And ow I have, yet again.  So stop using this to support your claims.  It is completely false data to be used this way.

have you done your side by side comparison test series for us yet. I'm almost done myself.

-- hide signature --

Some of my pics are in my DPReview Gallery
dt

-- hide signature --
 Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SFRNew
TrueNew
DogsNew
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow