Why do I post here? Locked

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,105Gear list
Re: My approach: try to be proactive in responding
In reply to docmaas, Mar 11, 2013

Thoughtful response. Yeah, lots of conflicts are due to different views upon things. Many other conflicts are due to people wanting conflicts. It is much easier to answer a post if you can claim something in the post to be wrong. Its more interesting. Some even go so far to searching for reasons to start a fight.

But, the other extreme, that everything are just opinions, and nothing is wrong, is not so good either. If someone asks a question and gets 5 faulty answers. What shall I do then if I know the correct answer? I can, of course, just give my answer and hope that the questioner understands that my answer is the correct one. Might work. Might be a good idea ... maybe. But ... it feels much more helpful to tell that its me that knows the answer and that the others are wrong.

Then we have the classical one. I come here and I have something to say hat is not beneficial for Sigma. I might ask if the at last have solved those blotches. Or I might ask about the battery life. Both "hinting" at Sigma shortcomings. There are hundreds of things I could do that could be interpreted as trolling, if you so want. Innocent or not.

And some take upon them to defend, sometimes even by attack, and sometimes with correct and helpful responses. Differs.

Humans are strange animals.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
wow.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow