A question about a new E-XXX and E-X

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,172Gear list
Like?
Re: A question about a new E-XXX and E-X
In reply to alatchin, Mar 11, 2013

Like Rick said above, I can not see Olympus changing the battery now. I would be pretty annoyed of they did since I have quite a few BLM-1 and BLM-5 and chargers. The grip works on my E-5 and the E-3 before that. I didn't know it fit other cameras. I'd be equally unhappy if they reinvented the grip.

I don't see a retro design as an advantage for a DSLR. The OM-D is retro because it's small like the old Olympus flm cameras. Still, it is easier to fit more stuff in a squarish box than a rounded one. I think the current plastic or mag-alloy bodies are more durable. I like the rounded feel of my E-5.

An E-xxx or E-xx was hinted at recently when Olympus said they needed to give current E-520, E-420 and E-620 owners an upgrade path. They need an affordable entry level body for people on a smaller budget to buy into. I don't think "highly stylized" is the efficient way to go for an entry level camera. It must be competitively priced with similar DSLRs.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow