Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,733Gear list
Like?
Help picking a printer
Mar 11, 2013

For the past several years I have been traveling and am now getting ready to settle down and I want to buy a printer for personal use. I do primarily landscapes and those prints always seem better when printed large. My budget is about $1000. I would like to spend less but could spend more if the features were worth it. I also expect to use Inkjetfly or other sources for refillable reasonable cost inks.

It seems that the Epson 3880 is about the best and would provide the largest prints I could get within my budget. After looking at the specs it seems like there is an issue. The 3880 does not accept roll paper and the largest print paper it accepts is 17 x 22. That does not match the normal aspect ratio so the largest I could print would be 14.7 x 22. That is really only very slightly larger than the 13" prints available from the R3000. Plus the 3000 accepts roll paper and can print up to 13 x 44. I have lots of panos which would be great at that size.

At this point it seems that the R3000 might be a better choice. I am interested in any opinions, other factors, or other options. Thanks, Jim

-- hide signature --

Jim, AKA camperjim, formerly from liny, Long Island New York

jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow