Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Messier Object
Senior MemberPosts: 2,965Gear list
Like?
It's just that certain people don't want to believe it
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Mar 11, 2013

Craig from Nevada wrote:

rovingtim wrote:

According to the latest Amateur Photographer (AP) magazine, Olympus losses nine months to Dec 2012 doubled from those of the previous year. AP notes Olympus's aggressive cost cutting strategy that will lead to a 7% decrease in their workforce by 2014. AP also notes that Olympus implied that they will be reducing their DSLR presence.

I would love to be proved wrong, but at the moment I still think the end of 2013 will be the countdown to backtracking on this forum rather than an E7.

I am not sure if Olympus knows what it is doing at this point.

I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing, it's just that some folks are not listening, or perhaps don't want there to be another Olympus DSLR as it would mean that their switch to Nikcanon and 4/3 lens dump was a mistake . . . . kind of like doomsday prophets being angry that the world didn't end according to their prediction.

Olympus denies reports that it is ceasing DSLR production

Olympus is denying reports that it is ceasing its production of DSLR cameras. In its official statement Olympus says there is no truth to these reports and the company will continue to offer DSLR cameras alongside its popular mirrorless camera range. The reports came as Olympus promised 'extensive business restructuring' in its imaging division, above and beyond the downsizing already taking place as part of its 'medium term vision.'

Published: Feb 13, 2013 at 01:14:09 Comments 183 CAMERA NEWS

Messier Object's gear list:Messier Object's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-300 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TimNew
YawnNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow