Started Mar 11, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
soloryb
Contributing MemberPosts: 988Gear list
Like?
Epson 3880 High Speed Quality options
Mar 11, 2013

I recently had a problem (unrelated to this question) with my 3880 and called Epson tech. While trouble shooting, the tech told me that I should always check off the High Speed box under Quality Options. He said that leaving the box unchecked was only necessary for slower, older computers that couldn't handle the data rate but, since my system was new and fast, I could use High Speed with no loss of quality.

Quite frankly, this doesn't sound correct to me. I know that High Speed results in the print head depositing ink in both left and right passes while unchecking this box results in the print head printing in only one direction. Also, Epson's manual indicates that the best results are obtained with single pass (High Speed unchecked) printing.

So, what's right?

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow