Please Help Me Tweak My 7D to Improve Image Quality

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
KariP
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,451Gear list
Like?
It is not the camera or the lenses...i think
In reply to steve88, Mar 11, 2013

I checked your website too ( quite fast)

There are several images that have absolutely no technical = camera or lens problems and they just "pop" as much anyone else's images. It might be something else.

You are shooting quite often  with the lens wide open or quite open - quality of a lens is very often at its peak around f 5.6-f8.

And sometimes the backgrounds are not good - they just kill the subject... it is the photographer who makes the composition. Sometimes it is just impossible.

Bright sunny days  (around noon) are not  good for photography -  results are often quite flat- whatever we do.

I can not say anything about your PP skills - perhaps there is some fine tuning to do?

Bottom line:

I do not believe you should return or sell you camera. Perhaps you can borrow someone else's DSLR camera and some other photographer can use your camera for some time, as a short test  ... then you know

-- hide signature --

Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, 40D since 2007, and now 7D !
60.21 N 24.86 E

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow