Let's get on with it shall we????

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
painterdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,784Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's get on with it shall we????
In reply to alexisgreat, Mar 11, 2013

humm you have a facination for cold ..I live in Canada and have lived in or travelled through most of the spots you mentioned ..and more. I lived  65 miles out of Yellowknife in the NWT ( the Canadian arctic) for 6 years. I know what - 50 is like. I have travelled  endless miles via snow machine in the Yukon as well..once for an extended trip north of Whitehorse to Dawson city @-40.

Cold is not facinating. Cold is not fun. Cold can kill you in very short order. Unexposed flesh in - 40 is frozen in 30-60 seconds depending on the wind.

Try wandering around up there in summer unprotected ..and you will  very shortly be a hospital candidate due to the "attention" of the northern air force - mosquitos the size of helicopters and a host of other interested flying parties who have a taste for human flesh and blood.

Most people have no clue of just how other worldly vast, utterly wild and empty the Canadian north is. Its an amazing place and I retun to it often for my "work"  ..but  you have to know what you are doing in extreme cold and extreme wilderness.

g

painterdude's gear list:painterdude's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D90 Nikon D800E
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow