IQ of 7d w 15-85mm Vs 6d w 24-105mm?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Questions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,651Gear list
Like?
Re: new term
In reply to Mako2011, Mar 11, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

You have said that over and over but still can't point to what measurements actually go into it. Seems like they simply tried to make up a new term to compete with SQF (Subjective Quality Factor). P-MPix did change results...look at the D7K data.

and obviously it is NONSENSE to aggregate the test results of a complex lens design where performance varies depending on many factors in just one number (factors: focal length, focus distance, aperture, position in the frame, reflections/light sources etc.). People who believe such numbers don't understand anything about lenses and image quality. Every lens is a compromise, and people have different priorities.

e.g. I'm interested in corner sharpness, because I hate soft corners on landscape images and the 24-105 seems to have plenty of that near wide open (in the corners). What does DXO tell me about that, how it compares to the corners of the 15-58? Absolutely nothing. What does TDP tell me about that? VERY little, only some comparison at a certain focus setting and with a test chart - pretty irrelevant for normal use.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SFRNew
TrueNew
DogsNew
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow