ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
masplin
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Advice on connections for a new monitor
Mar 11, 2013

Hi

I have just bought a new Dell U2713H 2560x1440 pixel monitor which has every connection under the sun. My pc's graphics card isn't up tot the job so I need to upgrade. To add to confusion i am also buying a data crunching workstation and plan to link both machnes to this monitor through a KVM switch.  My main activity (when not crunching nunmbers) is processing RAW pictures through Lightroom.

So the question is should I go with the cheap option of buying a powerful enough card with dual DVI connections (plenty of old gaming ones around) and equally lower priced dual DVI KVM switch?  The alternative is to buy a card with displayport connections and a much more expensive KVM Displayport switch. Will I notice for what I'm doing as not gaming or playing HD video etc just photo editing.

The workstation number crunching box comes with Displayport connections as standard. If the advice is Dual DVI is sufficient can I get a connector to convert dispalyport to Dual DVI?  The card I've been offered with both DP and DVI is a lot more expensive for some reason.

Thanks for any advice

Mike

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow