nex 5R vs fuji XE-1 Does it make sense to get the fuji just because of the fuji colors and OOC jpeg?

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
beetle0042000
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
nex 5R vs fuji XE-1 Does it make sense to get the fuji just because of the fuji colors and OOC jpeg?
Mar 11, 2013

Firstly i apologize for posting yet another XE-1 vs nex question but my priorities are a bit different . not so long ago i considered 5R, 6 and nikon D5200 and made up my mind to get the nex 5R.But then i came across several fuji XE-1 reviews incl the one from dpreview and now i am confused .

now i really don't care about the fuji's marginal improvement in IQ or low iso(after taking its generous ISO ratings into account) capability over nex . As far as i am concerned both offer good enough image quality.

the only reason i can think of at this point of time for choosing fuji over nex is it's OOC JPEG colors.Now how better /different is fuji jpegs vs sony jpegs?? i like punchy colors. Usually shoot landscapes most of the time.Only occasionally shoot portraits. So color renering for people are not that important for me. Yes i can get better lookin images by tweaking the raw files but honestly am not very good at pp(though even with my limited skills i can get better lookin images than sony jpegs) and don't wanna use raw conversion for each and every image i shoot.

But i love some of the sony features like hand held twilight mode and hdr mode and don't wanna loose them.Also how good is the fuji auto focus compared to nex 5R ?? can it track moving objects( atleast get one or 2 shots in focus while shooting a moving subject) and how good/bad is fuji auto focus speed and accuracy at night compared to nex 5r ??Also won't be using a viewfinder to frame shots.Do all my framing using the lcd screen.

Coming to lenses fuji offers better lenses but for my skill level either will do. eg fuji 35mm is a super sharp lens with an aperture of f1.4 but the nex 35 mm lens offer image stabilization even though it's half a stop slower.Also sony has a much bigger presence in my country compared to fuji.But surprisingly nex high end lenses aren't available in my country.so have to import from abroad making them nearly as expensive as the fuji lenses.To be honest i don' need that many lenses.Only need a fast prime lens, a wide angle zoom lens(10-18;10-24) and a high quality zoom lens like a 18-50 f 2.8 lens and it's only a matter of time before these are available for both systems.

Am just an amateur shooter who loves photography.

Will be posting these on both forums

Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow