Why do I post here? Locked

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,430Gear list
Re: Why do I post here?
In reply to RonJG, Mar 11, 2013

Good comments and as a fellow Sigma (DP2, SD15, SD1) user I can agree with most of them.

There is a mindset and there is a photo.  Two different things.

At this point I'm not thinking seriously of using my Sigmas in low light, since I have another camera that does well in low light.  When they have lots of light they work very well, at least that has been my experience.  I think they could do well in low light if the pixels were 4x bigger, but today's market will not support that so we will never see it.

My biggest problem in the past was trying to use them in every situation and they really don't do well as all-around general purpose cameras.

Yesterday in full sunlight I compared my DP2 and my Fuji X10, with the X10 in EXR high dynamic range mode (6 megapixel images from a 12 megapixel sensor).  The DP2 won!  So, what Sigmas do best is really very good indeed.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
wow.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow