RAW Support for Pro X1

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Questions thread
Fabio Amodeo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Re: RAW Support for Pro X1
In reply to DomNY, Mar 11, 2013

DomNY wrote:

What about using the Silkypix converter that comes with the Pro X1? Adjusting only WB, saving as TIFF and moving to Photoshop would still exhibit the problems? Can reducing the default sharpening help? Again, I only need to adjust WB, and get it into PS (CS3) to do my editing.

Dom

In the early times of X-Trans I did exactly that: use the Fuji/Silkypix converter just to do the demosaicing, then save to TIFF and do the proper work in Photoshop. My advice: pull the contrast down and give a small amount of Highlight control (DR expansion=2) and shadow opening through curves. The resulting TIFF will look horrible, but it will shape up beautifully in Photoshop.

An alternative is to give Ligtroom 4.4 a try. Some testers say it does the demosaicing work better than Silkypix, and on par with Capture One. And it is suprising how much of the Photoshop work can be anticipated in LR, and with a faster workflow.

Fabio Amodeo's gear list:Fabio Amodeo's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow