My Experience with Canon 6D vs Nikon D600

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
GregF
Senior MemberPosts: 1,912
Like?
Good writeup but a correction
In reply to Jimmy K., Mar 11, 2013

Jimmy K. wrote:

I just want to provide my experience comparing Canon 6D and Nikon D600. Maybe someone can benefit from this. I won't discuss the image quality, since I don't think I can do a better job than professional websites. I will talk about features and issues that are important to me.

I think your write up was thoughtful and balanced.

- Canon allows ISO to be set to Auto vs manual ISO in by the dial. Nikon requires going into the menu. I haven't use this enough to know which is better. If you use only Auto or Manual ISO exclusively, Nikon might be better. If you switch back and forth between Auto and Manual ISO, then Canon is probably better.

On the Nikon you can turn Auto ISO on/off by holding the ISO button and rotating a dial.  The only reason you need to go into menus is to change specific settings like auto ISO range, and min shutter speed.  I find the Auto ISO on the D600 to be pretty flexible, but I'm used to a D50, so just about anything is better than that

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow