qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 8,277Gear list
Like?
Re: must be checked.
In reply to Mako2011, Mar 11, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

MAC wrote:

He's not weighing all information. And he is quoting dxo who is not transparent with how they did the MPix testing. You've experienced similar results up to 20x30 between crop and 5dii at base iso for scape type of shooting -- and that would be my conclusion as well -after weighing all of the information

DXOMark P-MPix concept

As pointed out many times by your examples

Do you have better samples to show us?

and by XO...more a subjective measure of something not fully defined.

I'm not suggesting DXOMark is every right but most right. Can you point us better symmetrically tests than DXOMark?

Inconsistency in their scores make it a useful ballpark score that needs to be checked with comparisons of other sites so that mistakes are not relied upon.

Most consistent. Sure you can find this or that individual suspicious P-MPix numbers but most are accurate and comply with many shooters' experience. I also ignore DXOMark summary score that is more subjective but just concentrate its detail test data such as P-MPix (that is not subjective but convert thru MTF resolution with a formula DXOMark didn't show) and Sharpness | Global FieldMap, SNR, DR, Color Tonality etc tangible detail test data.

Last if not least, I'd suggest you try Canon FF cameras and lenses that I guess you have not experienced much. You will find Canon FF with L lenses generate photos not only sharper than Canon APS-C but Nikon APS-C as well (that you own). The key issue is that APS-C suffers either 1.6x (Canon) or 1.5x (Nikon) crop magnification, a dominant factor you simply cannot ignore. It's uphill battle for crop to compensate by a) using a much better lens; b) lots more pixels to narrow the gap.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SFRNew
TrueNew
DogsNew
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow