New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,725Gear list
Like?
Re: Call your bluf
In reply to howardroark, Mar 11, 2013

I am the individual who objected to the term "megapixel wars." But I did not intend to touch off a war between forum members. I think we all know that that manufacturers have faced compromises between increasing megapixels and overall sensor performance with noise being the main concern. The issue is really clear with point and shoot cameras. I have a G9 which does really well in bright light, but I hate the noise when I go beyond ISO 100 or 200. So clearly manufacturers have tried to balance the compromise and compete in the marketplace. I guess you can use the term megapixels wars to describe this. I don't like the term but see no reason to make a big stink about it.

The point in this discussion is that Canon seems to be stagnant and falling behind. Nikon seems to continue to introduce APS-C and FF cameras with higher megapixel counts, better dynamic range and at least equivalent high ISO performance. I am hoping Canon is finally ready to introduce an improved sensor. Even so I am not expecting much. Maybe some modest improvements in resolution/pixel count, dynamic range and high ISO performance. Obviously if Canon introduces camera with higher pixel counts and more noise, they will have failed and lost another battle. Maybe they will even lose me as a customer. I have been waiting quite a while for the opportunity to upgrade to something better than I have.

-- hide signature --

Jim, AKA camperjim, formerly from liny, Long Island New York

jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow