Bag for OM-D and 5 Primes?

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,655Gear list
Like?
Re: Bag for OM-D and 5 Primes?
In reply to Mike Raub, Mar 11, 2013

Mike Raub wrote:

Coming from a full frame Canon system, the small size, high quality and reasonable prices of M4/3 primes is a welcome surprise. Since I like to print very big (have a 24" wide printer) I'm thinking of putting together a fairly comprehensive set of primes to use on my OM-D. I'm thinking of the Pana 25 and Oly 12, 45, 60 macro and 75. By rough comparison, if I wanted to do that with Canon L primes it would cost 3 times as much and the total weight of the gear would be more than 3 times what I'm looking at with M4/3. The sale of my Canon gear has left me with cash to spend.

One disadvantage of internet shopping is it is hard to get a real feel for the size and capacity of a camera bag by just studying the specs. All my local camera stores are long gone. I was thinking of one of the Lowe Pro messenger style bags, but it looks like lenses would have to be stacked on top of each other. The M4/3 lenses are so tiny compared to 35mm versions, that a regular bag designed for 5 35mm primes would be way too big.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

MIKE

P.S. Does anybody but me find it irritating that the title to this forum is out of alphabetical order in the list of forums.

I would definitively recommend «Lowepro Flipside 200», the smallest of the (Flipside) line:

http://lowepro-deutschland.de/produkte/index.php?article_id=231&clang=0

...Which works as a Sling Bag with the comfort of a Back Pack...

(IMO, a pity they don't make it even smaller and with more internal/removable dividers...)

Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow