New Canon on 22nd March?

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Call your bluf
In reply to robert1955, Mar 11, 2013

Let me understand this.  We're in some kind of a competition now?  I think I finally see what your game is, which is to say you think this is some kind of a game.

To be clear, I made a comment several levels up which included the phrase "megapixel wars" and I was told that the term was, for some reason, objectionable.  I didn't make it up, it was used at the time by many people, and I think it was an expression of frustration more than anything else.  Now I'm supposed to justify that turn of phrase to someone who interjected himself into the conversation well after the fact?

I gave you an example.  One that wasn't all the time consuming to find and demonstrated some of my point.  I didn't go after others because following Canon's model numbers in the P&S area is next to impossible and I wanted to show how a model series changed.

If we're playing poker then don't get your cards and refuse to bet until I teach you how to play the game.  If people don't agree with the phrase I used I don't care any more.  It was used even by people like me buying a 10D, 30D, and then 7D to express our desire for a little less emphasis on MP count and more on noise response and usable high ISO.  The end.  I can't condense years of forum posts/trends and several manufacturers' spec changes here....or more to the point, I won't.

Good luck, Bob.  Do you have a few accounts on here or are there just mulitple cranky old men named Bob here?  Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.  I won't be engaging in conversation any longer with people who don't want to talk but instead are trying to win at a hand of poker.

robert1955 wrote:

After a reply like that, I'd say your hand only has low cards

howardroark wrote:

robert1955 wrote:

THat is still only one example, and I'm not sure there is much evidence that the image quality got better from reducing the pixel count.

Note that the most important differnece between the SX30 and 40 is that Canon changed form a CCD to a BSI-CMOS at the same time. That change means IMO that you can't validate your claim on this ititaration.

I have no desire to write a dissertation on the subject. I've paid close attention to camera technology since I bought my Sony S85 ages ago and even more closely after buying my 10D shortly after. I watched the camera reviews, read the forums, and while I don't wish to spend my time catching you up on all of the things I, and many others, saw over that time I'm certain some digging on your part (if that's how you choose to spend your time) will support my recollection of history.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow