SONY NEX 6Y for £630 - Should I? (UK Camera) 1st camera since a very old POS Touch screen Sony

Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
taffyb
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
SONY NEX 6Y for £630 - Should I? (UK Camera) 1st camera since a very old POS Touch screen Sony
Mar 11, 2013

Hi all,

After quite a bit of research since before well before Christmas  I'd finally convinced myself that for my needs an NEX6 would fit the bill.

Needs are:

Portability is a major consideration as it would become my main camera that ideally I'd like to take everywhere with me.

It would be my 1st (in my opinion) proper camera & will replace my old POS Sony; therefore having enough manual controls for me to learn the basics before perhaps upgrading to a DSLR at some point.

I'll use it to take a complete variety of shots & the occasional video.

It must have a built in flash (this is what put me off the 5) as I'm unlikely to carry the extra flash or have the patience to fit it.

It must be relatively easy to use so that even my complete novice girlfriend can take pics.

& finally, I'd like it to be an investment that'll ideally do me for the next 5 years with options to upgrade if I want.  (I know this a risk & technology will inevitably move on, but I'd like to think since it's a new model with seemingly a large following its unlikely to become old tack too soon).

The reason for the thread is I've been offered a UK camera for a fantastic price with the additional lens & although around Xmas I'd pretty much told myself this was the way to go but couldn't quite stretch to the price, now this offer has come up is there anything else out there I should consider for the same money?  Or should I grab this whilst I can?

Thank you for reading my thread & I look forward to all feedback.

Cheers

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow