Started Mar 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoundVu
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Clown Fish - Radio-Triggered Flash
Mar 11, 2013

I recently obtained an inexpensive radio-trigger transceiver set so I could free myself from sync-cords when using my studio strobes.  A side benefit I found was that I could use it to trigger non-Pentax flashes wirelessly.  I decided to test it out on my nano marine aquarium. I put the flash at 1/16th power and fired my SB-600 from above the aquarium and was able to light the fish while keeping the background almost black. I took t with my K-5 and 100mm WR lens. Here's one of the shots:

Clown fish

I tried taking similar shots before using the CLS system with my Nikon and reflections from the on-camera trigger flash prevented me from getting satisfactory results.  I think I'm really going to enjoy exploring the possibilities radio-triggered flash is opening up.

Any other Pentax users care to share photos and experiences using radio triggered flash?

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow