Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill vann
Senior MemberPosts: 1,164
Like?
Flash frustrations help
Mar 10, 2013

Not a troll only have sony, a77 and NEX7, wrote a few weeks ago about nt feeling the love for the 77.  So I said shoot with it every day, and kind of did.

I have an SCI, handicapped, so sorting a system I can manage.  I left a few notes on the NEX board and now here.  Old time,r manual flash is second nature

Thewireless flash is killing me.  Got 2) 58s and a 43. read the manuals and with only a few hiccups figured it out.  at one level, i love it.  but..

is the a77 a slow camera? i can't say but it seems there is a lag  but..

BIG problem, is the constant preflash.  so were I taking an item, product i can fool around a lot moving lights etc.  I like the ratio controls yada yada.  But EVERY shot preflashes, my grand kids  and were overthought I was nuts was driving them crazy.  Ususally I set up my lights before they come (manual, lumedynes or Sunpak 120s) and boom they sit foola round etc and my lighting is fast and spot on, with the 58s and wireless, every shot had a preflash.  At one level I get it, but is there a way to say htis is the set up, keep it ??? I will say the lighting is absolutely spot on, but blinkesrs galore from the preflash and unhappy subjects.

I'm loving the a77 a lot more, but this flash stuff is 3 steps forward 2 steps back.  I could sell the flashes and ??? I don't know, pretty happy with the sony and odd lenses, nice files, nice color, etc.  sell them and upgrade my old 1st gen Quantum Radio flash (that still work fine but are big), or??

Tell me if I'm missing something???

bill

Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow