Please Help Me Tweak My 7D to Improve Image Quality

Started Mar 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: Please Help Me Tweak My 7D to Improve Image Quality
In reply to Bangers and Mash, Mar 10, 2013

Bangers and Mash wrote:

Start with deeper depth of field, this will give you immediate result, then work on your focus accuracy (turn the focus point on in DPP (or whatever you use), so you can see where the camera focused, and then adjust your shooting style accordingly. As your accuracy improves, then you can pull back your depth of field.

My 2 cents.

You have my attention. Please forgive my ignorance, but I have a lot of difficulty trying to learn PP. I have/try to use LR4 and Elements 10. Where does one go to turn on the "focus point" as you mentioned? I can see that as being helpful.

Thanks

Wayne

-- hide signature --

"The best camera of tomorrow can't shoot a picture today".

I don't think that any of the Adobe products can display the AF point.  For that you'll need a Canon program, such as Digital Photo Pro or Zoom Browser EX.

In DPP, open the image in an Edit Window and then from the menus above the screen select View> AF Point.  Or from the keyboard, Alt-L on Windows, Command L on Mac.

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow